SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT CREATOR AND WEBSITE PUBLISHER (Contract Position)
FRIENDS OF DEVIL’S LAKE STATE PARK
We are looking to contract with a Social Media Content Creator to interact with our customers and promote our products and services on social networks.
Responsibilities include updating our social media pages, responding to followers and tracking user engagement. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent web content writing skills and experience advertising on multiple social networks. Photography skills and proximity to Devil’s Lake State Park will help very much!
Ultimately, you will ensure we maintain a strong online voice and brand consistent with our marketing goals.
Season: Year-round, part-time
Hours: 10 hours/week, flexible schedule
Start Date: March 1st, 2019
Reports to Board of Directors, Friends of Devil’s Lake State Park
- Write, edit and publish engaging content for various social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Optimize social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our target audience’s behaviors
- Select appealing images and videos to complement text
- Respond to post comments
- Build relationships with relevant individuals, organizations and brands
- Update Friends calendar with upcoming event details and images
- Update website copy and image content, as directed
- Get paid for visiting Devil’s Lake State Park and getting to know it better!
- Support the Friends of Devil’s Lake State Park, a 501(c)3 Non-Profit organization.
- Meet a variety of DLSP stakeholders.
- Free annual Wisconsin State Parks pass included with position.
- Work from home when you are not visiting the Park.
- Familiar with and active in Facebook and Instagram
- Able to photograph natural history and social events at Devil’s Lake
- Solid writing skills, including the ability to compose clear, well-written posts with good grammar and spelling and engaging stories
- Familiar with Devil’s Lake State Park, current Park news
- Previous experience managing communications for a business, government or non-profit organization
- Photographic skills to include aesthetic composition, image library management and digital image processing abilities
Qualities of Strong Candidates
- Exhibit strong enthusiasm for and familiarity with Devil’s Lake State Park
- Visit Devil’s Lake regularly and read about current political, social and recreation events involving the Park
- Enjoy meeting Park stakeholders
- Possess strong creativity in developing new content topics of interest to the Friends’ audience
Interested applicants for this contract position should send a cover letter, resume and social media account names to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 1st.