2018 Friends Photo Contest
We invite all those who love and enjoy Devil’s Lake to show off your creativity and photographic talents while sharing with us your favorite pictures of the park. You don't have to be a professional photographer or have a fancy camera. All you have to do is snap some good shots, send in your entries, and follow the rules below. All entries need to be submitted by 4 pm on Sunday, November 4.
Contest Eligibility/ Format/Deadline
- A maximum of five (5) entries will be accepted for each participant
- Photographers do not need to be members of the Friends of Devil’s Lake to participate; Friends Board members are not eligible to participate
- Email entries to email@example.com. Each entry photo file must be labeled with the photographer’s name, date, a descriptive word of the photo, and the category it is to be entered. Any photo must be entered in only one category
- All entries should be sent in JPEG or TIFF format: 5 megabytes or smaller, minimum 300 dpi resolution, at least 1,600 pixels wide or tall
- Photo entries must have been shot by the contest participant
- Entries must be received no later than 4 pm, Sunday, November 4, 2018. No exceptions.
- Photos must be taken within the boundaries of Devil’s Lake State park.
- Subject matter should be signs of spring as revealed in natural settings and habitats.
- Photos will be judged in six categories: Vistas and Landscapes, Visitor Activities, Plants, Animals, Winter, Youth Photographer (18 years and younger)
- Any photos with identifiable faces must include that person's permission with the entry
- Ownership and copyright of submitted photos remains with the photographer
- Entrance to the photo contest are giving permission for the photos to be used by the Wisconsin DNR and the Friends of Devil's Lake for use in printed publications, displays, online, and media publicity.
Selection/Notification of Winners
The entries will be judged by a board members (Friends of Devil's Lake) and park staff. Winners from each category will receive a 2019 Wisconsin State Park annual vehicle pass. Winners will be notified by e-mail.